Send Team Leader (LUM279)
WHAT WE DO
Leeds City College prides itself on its students' journeys to success. It is driven by hard work and the strong belief that every student has the capacity to excel, regardless of their background.
The Enterprise & Engagement Directorate overseas 2 curriculum areas; Events, Enterprise & Employability and Supported Engagement. Across the Directorate we offer a range of courses from Entry 3 to Level 3 and support a number of young people with Send & High Needs.
This post will work with the already established Send team within the directorate to continue to develop this provision supporting young people to reach their potential and progress.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Develop knowledge and understanding of SEND legislation and how this impacts on the local offer, school/SILC College and employer contexts.
- Support with EHCP reviews by chairing meetings and completing paperwork that meets the Local Authority standards and within statutory timelines.
- Oversee a cohort of learners ensuring that all relevant support is in place to ensure their needs are met
- Assist with monitoring the attendance of these learners and assisting with interventions as necessary
- Liaise with relevant teams to ensure exam access is in place Work with Curriculum and Pastoral teams to support Send/HN learners
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current Government SEND legislation/guidance related to transition, education, social care and health.
- Extensive and proven experience of working with students who have high needs / SEND and the implementation of appropriate support strategies.
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation. in relation to SEND / High Needs learners.
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.