Community Employment Coach (KC825)
1 day left
- Full Time
About the Role
This is a key fixed term role in the SkillsHouse project in which Keighley College partner Bradford Council. These front line positions are to support unemployed jobseekers on and through their individual pathway to find and sustain employment. The Community Employment Coach will work in communities to build trusted relationships with participants and deliver holistic and personalised support service through the resources of the network of organisations within the SkillsHouse partnership.
What You Will Do
- To achieve key performance indicator targets including: quality assurance, equal opportunities and diversity, participant engagement, retention, training and qualification achievement, participant feedback, progression, and positive outcomes.
- To co-ordinate wraparound specialist and employment support and make managed referrals to partner organisations support.
- To work in partnership through the SkillsHouse network to ensure participants get timely and appropriate support.
- To develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of local labour markets including extensive knowledge of current benefits regimes and entitlements.
- To proactively motivate and support participants and work collaboratively with employment engagement team and partners.
- To effectively prepare and complete all participant administration and financial documentation, ensuring all records are accurate and kept up-to-date.
- To fully comply with health and safety, equal opportunities and diversity, quality assurance, safeguarding and data protection.
- Excellent communication skills, spoken, written as the role includes exchanging information/building relationships; giving advice and guidance, counselling, negotiating and persuading and handling private, confidential and sensitive information.
- Excellent organisation skills Working under own initiative Strong analytical skills for gathering, collating and analysing the facts needed to solve problems.
- Creative and critical thinking to develop practical solutions, apply problem solving strategies.
- Have experience managing interpersonal relationships.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.