Maths Teacher, Part -Time (LCC3652)
Type of Contract - Reduced Year (48 Weeks).
Duration of Contract - Temp/Fixed Term - Contract End Date - 31 December 2023.
Contractual Hours - 29.6 hour per week - Contract Work Pattern - Tue, Wed, Thurs, Fri.
WHAT WE DO
This Maths Teacher role is a fixed term post to cover Maternity leave and is based within the School of Childhood & Education Studies which is located at our Quarry Hill Campus opposite the bus station in the Centre of Leeds.
The team delivers GCSE & FS English to both 16-18 & Adult learners who are enrolled on a Study Programme or a Full time Childhood or Education Studies course.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- This role involves designing and delivering innovative and engaging Maths sessions to both 16-18 and adult learners of varying ability.
- You will work closely with the Programme Manager of Maths to meet the requirements of the qualifications.
- You will also work closely with the Study Support coaches to identify learners who need extra support and small group support.
- The ideal candidate will have a recognised teaching qualification and experience of delivering maths GCSE & Functional Skills in a School or FE setting.
- You will have experience of setting targets for students and have strategies and the skills to help students achieve their potential.
- Enthusiasm and resilience are important. Interviews are likely to take place in January 2023
For more information about the role please contact:
Kerry Hartwell - email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.