Learning Support Assistant (Part -Time) (Reduced Year) (KC805)
Part Time, 19 hours per week
Reduced Year, 36 weeks per year
**Previous applicants need not apply**
WHAT WE DO
Support High Needs learners both in and out of the classroom with academic and pastoral support to achieve their potential
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Involved in planning and preparation for high needs learners.
- Providing in class support to meet identified needs.
- Assist with emergency evacuation plans and practices.
- Keeping accurate and timely records Involved in learners transport arrangements and personal care/lunch duty.
- Educated to L2 in literacy and numeracy Qualifications or experience relevant to the post.
- Experience of supporting young people with SEND.
- Ability to build rapport whilst maintaining professional boundaries.
- A strong communicator with a flexible and adaptable approach.
For more information please contact the below:
- Jeanie Forster
- Jeanie Forster@keighleycollege.ac.uk
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.