HE Lecturer, Singing (Variable Hours) (LCC3647)
WHAT WE DO
The Creative Arts team at University Centre Leeds deliver a wide range of degrees in the visual and performing arts to over 300 students. We deliver practical creative programmes to prepare students to enter the creative industries. There is a strong focus on developing the learners practical and creative skills, and their enterprising and employability skills helping them to grow as people to support their journey towards employment in the creative industries. All staff are involved in devising the curriculum in response to academic regulations and industry needs, as well as delivering and assessing modules. We work closely as a team with a strong emphasis on mutual support. All staff are dedicated to the continuing evolution of the curriculum and have active personal practices to keep themselves up to date on developments in the worlds of education and industry.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Deliver specialist acting skills to Acting students.
- Deliver taught classes to student groups, with clear intentions and well-defined outcomes.
- Manage student progress and achievement through the modules you deliver.
- Evaluate students work and provide timely, constructive feedback.
- Take part in activities relating to recruitment of students (open evenings, interviews etc).
- Be an active member of staff teams, contributing to curriculum development, course reviews and University Centre activities.
- Participate in personal development, working to develop your own professional knowledge and skillset.
- We are looking for a creative, enthusiastic, committed and forward thinking lecturer with excellent specialist practical skills.
- The ideal candidate will work well as part of a team and be resilient, adaptable and enthusiastic with experience of the creative industries and education.
- You are student focussed, building a supportive and creative environment for students to develop their practical skills.
- We are looking for someone who has excellent communication skills and would be happy working with people as well as being able to work independently when required.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.