Adult Support Mentor (KC829)
About The Role
We are an established and friendly team that support adults and apprentices with additional support needs across all curriculum areas to ensure they meet their full potential. Each team member has a caseload of students to support and this can be in or out of class depending on individual needs.
- Work with a caseload of students
- Maintain accurate and timely records to ensure that the correct funding is drawn down for the support provided
- Liaise with curriculum staff to ensure reasonable adjustments are made to enable student success
- Provide advice and guidance to curriculum teams to ensure support plan outcomes are achieved and Quality First Teaching (QFT) is in place for all SEND learners Create medical plans and PEEPS as required
- Attend regular team meetings and in the wider college
- Extensive and proven experience of working with students who have SEND in a direct specialist support role
- Knowledge of learning difficulty/disability issues which can be barriers to learning or progress and assisting students to overcome these
- Successful and proven experience of meeting deadlines for completion of tasks
- Knowledge of quality assurance frameworks such as Ofsted
If you have any queries or questions regarding the role, please contact Kate Presland on firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.