Work Experience Coordinator (LUM226)
WHAT WE DO
This position sits within the Careers, Work Experience and Progression department which is an essential service across college.
We are looking for a Work Experience Coordinator to work as part of a team to source and co-ordinate work experience placements, and other work experience activities to support students learning and skills across the Luminate Education Group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Liaising with employers to source placements
- Working in partnership with curriculum staff to ensure placements meet requirements
- Delivering information sessions to students and answering student queries regarding work experience
- Carry out health and safety checks with employers so will need to either hold, or be willing to work towards, an IOSH qualification.
- Good general education to at least NVQ Level 3 or equivalent Q2.
- Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2 or above Q3.
- Must hold IOSH (Managing Safely) qualification or be willing to work towards
- Experience of further education or employer-based work related learning
- Knowledge of how work experience opportunities improve student achievement and progression.
- Knowledge and understanding of the further education curriculum
- Experience of liaising effectively with external stakeholders by telephone, virtual meeting and via email
- Experience of completing health & safety checks in a variety of work settings
- Proven ability to work effectively in an educational or employment setting
- Proven ability in administration or project work and good written communication skills
- Good communication skills with the ability to relate to, and work with, students from age 14 to adult
- Proven ability to liaise and negotiate with colleagues and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage and respond to conflicting priorities
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of a range of college stakeholders (local schools, parents/carers, employers etc.)
- Support and promotion of equality, diversity and inclusion
- Promotion of a safe environment for children, young people and vulnerable adults to learn in
- Commitment to the PREVENT agenda
- Commitment to professional standards Commitment to restorative practice approaches
For further enquiries please contact
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.