Higher Education Progression Officer (LUM265)
Careers, Work Experience & Progression is part of the Student Life Directorate. The Directorate leads on activities and strategies which contribute to an outstanding further education student experience closely aligned with the college and group strategic objectives. Careers, Work Experience & Progression supports students through guidance, opportunities, and experience to make informed life choices about their career pathway and destination.
The successful candidate for this post will have a knowledge of higher education, will be an excellent communicators and will be able to lead group sessions, inspire student from 14-19 and 19+ and work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholder. The successful candidate will need good digital skills and will be able to keep accurate records, compile reports and upload data to college and national platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Coordinate, deliver, and support the development of activities and intervention to promote higher education (including higher level apprenticeships) and raise students’ awareness and aspiration, included within this will be the delivery of the Uni Connect ‘Go Higher West Yorkshire’ programme
- Motivate and engage students to increase participation in progression to higher education in line with the college's ambition to drive social mobility for all ages and cohorts
- Develop and deliver sustainable initiatives that tackle some of the challenges students face when considering Higher Education
- Work in collaboration with other college departments, Uni Connect schools and HE establishments to create a wide range of activities and events, which could include residential, visits and trips
This post is ideal for an enthusiastic person who enjoys working with students from 14 -19 and 19+, and is able to coordinate a programme of activities and events appropriate to their age, learning needs and experience.
The successful candidate will have:
- A degree, youth work or teaching qualification and numeracy and Literacy qualifications at Level 2
- Experience of motivating and engaging young people in an education or community setting
- Experience of administration or project work
- Experience of recording, monitoring and analysing quantitative and qualitative data
- Experience of partnership working, liaising and negotiating
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.