Facilities Assistant (LUM268)
WHAT WE DO
The Directorate of Estates comprises of the Campus Facilities team, Property and Maintenance team. and Safety, Health and Environment team. Between them they service a large estate across the whole of the Luminate Group.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Based at Quarry Hill Campus, this role is part of a small team responsible for ensuring that the teaching and learning activities are able to run as they should by supporting the building and systems that enable classes to be set up.
- Duties will include, weekly checks of building systems, litter picking, refilling photocopiers, setting up of rooms, moving furniture, minor maintenance works, managing contractors onsite and ensuring the site in general is and looks at its best as a workplace and a place of study.
- You will support the Facilities Supervisor with the unlocking and locking of the premises, as well as the more basic planned and reactive tasks that need to be carried out to stay compliant with regulations.
- The most important and essential attributes for this role are a commitment to self-development and to delivering outstanding customer service to our students and staff.
- Good interpersonal skills (i.e. being able to deal with people correctly, communicate effectively, be a team player and stay focused on what needs to be done) English and Maths GCSE or equivalent.
- Willingness to be a First Aider once training has been provided. A driving licence is desirable but not essential
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.