Curriculum Leader Visual Arts (Photography)(LCC3645)
Photography & Graphic Design at Leeds City College are leading the way across the West Yorkshire region by offering a wide provision of industry led courses, including BTEC and Access to HE which specifically prepare the next generation of creatives for university and or working in the industry.
We are a team of both industry and specialist academic teachers with first class pastoral support staff who ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to come and join our academic team in the delivery of both the BTEC and Access to HE courses across Photography, graphic design and Access to HE art and design.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- You will have experience of working within the industry in particularly both photography and Moving image.
- Have exceptional planning and project management skills
- Have a good insight into industry trends across Photography, Moving image, Graphic Design and the Fashion industries.
- You will have experience of teaching on FE courses.
- Experience of formative and summative assessment across FE courses.
- Will have a cert ed/ pcge teaching qualification
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.