Teacher, Functional Skills Maths (LCC3089)
We are looking for a maths Functional Skills teacher to work within the Health and Care apprenticeship team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be working with a large healthcare organisation in the city.
- You will be responsible for the outcomes for Functional Skills maths outcomes alongside ensuring all stakeholders receive exceptional customer service.
- You will be highly professional individual able to deliver outstanding classroom and work based learning.
- Your duties will involve one to one support and group teaching sessions.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Create individual SMART learning targets linked to learner study programme/course.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Plan, prepare and develop effective schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified modules
- We are looking for someone who has a passion for maths, is organised and can teach using a range of methods.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE) English and Maths at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above.
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
For more information about the role please contact:
Estelle Brewster firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.