We have a great opportunity based at Shuttleworth college for a Farm Manager to become a key member of our Land and Environment department.
As a Farm Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Managing the operation of Kingshill Farm at Shuttleworth College, so as to provide a realistic commercial farm environment to be used as a learning resource for land-based students.
- Contributing to the strategic development of the farm as a resource for all students engaging in environmental and land-based learning.
- Liaising with college staff regarding the operation of the farm and the provision and preparation of suitable student practical activities
Our ideal candidates will have knowledge of arable and livestock operations, alongside the following qualifications:
- Degree in Agriculture
- Competency certificates in tractor driving, forklift operations, PA1, PA2 and PA6, hedge cutting
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve
Further details of the essential criteria for the post can be located within the Candidate Information Pack.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
An Enhanced DBS check will be required and you will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands or final warnings, which would not be filtered in line with current guidance.
Interviews will be held on the 14/12/2022
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.