Teacher - Science (Fixed Term) (LCC3632)
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College on a part time basis as a Teacher of Science in our outstanding Health, Science and Social Care team at our Quarry Hill. We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to undertake this role, starting January 2023 to work with our Health and social care students and our new T Level health course. This role is fixed term to cover maternity leave.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Prepare students for exams in science and update, reflect and maintain the tracking systems continuously, allowing you to inspire and promote aspirational learning of science to our students.
- Set targets with individual learners to assist in their academic or development progress, including at Personal Progress Days and the writing of Parent/Carer reports.
- More importantly you will be preparing our learners for a future career within the health and social care sector.
- Experience and knowledge of supporting young people both academically and developmentally, including those aged 16-18.
- Recent teaching delivery in relevant subject areas (PGCE teaching placements/experience would also qualify here) which demonstrates outstanding practice.
- Experience of positively managing learner academic progress in an education setting, including those aged 16-18.
- Ability to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
If you would like to find out more, please email Vicky Meehan on firstname.lastname@example.org
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.