Professional Construction Lecturer
‘Would you like to be part of a team that aims to create the extraordinary?’
Nelson and Colne College Group is made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning and Accrington & Rossendale College. Together the Group forms a Sixth Form, Skills and Technology Centre, University Centre, employer training and adult learning provider delivering exceptional teaching and learning to all ages and at all levels.
The Exciting Role
A new and exciting opportunity has become available for a graduate professional construction lecturer. The role will support the further development and delivery of our higher technical qualifications, this could include HNC and HND qualifications, however we are also interested in someone who could take the lead on the introduction of T-Levels. This would involve overseeing the development of the curriculum plan for the T Level in Design, Surveying and Planning for Construction. In addition to this, you would develop an employer network to support the industry placements and employer set project for learners completing the T Level programme.
The successful candidate will be primarily based at Accrington and Rossendale College but may be required to travel across sites.
What You Will Be Doing:
You will be delivering on our well established HNC and HND in Sustainable Construction and HNC & FSc Sustainable Technologies for part of this role. We are in particular interested in attracting an individual with graduate knowledge and skills in CAD/Revit, Quantity Surveying and material science.
What We Are Looking For:
- A professional with a degree or higher in construction/architecture/surveying and design or similar
- Experience of working in the sector and willingness to complete outward facing engagement activities with schools and employers.
- A qualified teacher though we will consider an initial trainee post for this role too with a strong industry relevant background
- Flexibility to teach in the evenings
What We Offer in Return:
- Eligibility to join the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance including a two-week closure over the Christmas period
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits and support
- Staff recognition scheme, including long service awards
- Fantastic family friendly policies
- Free on-site parking on all College sites
Please visit our ‘working for us’ section of our website for a full list of our benefits https://careers.nelson.ac.uk/working-for-us/benefits/
How to Apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Further questions: please contact our friendly HR Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.
*Please note we only accept applications submitted via our website
Please apply via the link