Learning Support Assistant (Variable Hours) (LCC3597)
We have a perfect opportunity for students completing their teacher training who are highly motivated, independent and supportive. (or looking for experience to help prepare them for a PGCE). We have a number of paid work experience opportunities available within our SEND Department that would run part time for the academic year. Leeds City College’s SEND Team is committed to helping people with additional needs overcome barriers and empower them to achieve. We work to identify strategies to allow our students to build on interpersonal and social skills as they transition into adulthood whilst being fully integrated into our college community. We provide a varied array of support that is tailored to each student based on their SEND Needs and Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP). Our focus is centred around meeting our students needs, therefore we require people who are supportive and understanding of individuals and can co-operate to meet their needs.
- Be involved in the planning, preparing and assessment of learning
- Provide in and out of class support to meet the identified needs of students
- Provide written and verbal reports on students to teachers, assessors and SEND team members
- Provide feedback against strategies used and progress towards the outcome on their EHCP
- Assist with emergency evacuation plans and practices, and help with all emergency evacuations
- Attend annual reviews and student meetings as required to update on progress and behaviour
- Be involved in a learners transport agreement and empower students who have high needs to develop independent travel skills
- At the direction of the teacher/assessor, accompanying small groups of learners on local excursions related to programme of learning
- Assist with personal care and medical requirements as necessary. Support students whom are less mobile and may use wheelchairs
- Educated to Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
- Practitioners Qualification, working towards a teaching qualification or willingness to
- Have knowledge of SEND legislation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good basic IT skills
- Able to assist with personal care/Medical provisions including requirements of wheelchair users
- An understanding of GDPR and how that impacts on this role
For more information and to register your interest, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief outline of your skills and experience!
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.