Lead Assessor Mechanical/Electrical (LCC3572)
WHAT WE DO:
- We are a growing Engineering department, based in Leeds City Centre. We deliver to 16-18, 19+ and apprentices. The apprenticeship team sit within the Engineering team and work together to support the learners to achieve their best and move onto their next stage. We offer pathways in Mechanical, Electrical, Automotive and Electrical Installation. The department is dynamic and we have staff who are straight from industry who bring knowledge and experience to share with the learners. If you have the relevant industry experience and want to come into teaching as a career, we will support you with your teacher training as part of the package.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will be an apprentice trained Mechanical or Electrical Engineer, having substantial "hands on" experience working in the industry.
- You will also have experience of teaching / assessing apprentices to level 3 undertaking BTEC and EAL qualifications.
- You will have knowledge and experience in delivering the mandatory units of EAL L3 programmes along with an additional array of other units which may include CAD, Electronics, Conventional Machining and Fitting, Materials, Mechanical Principles, Technical drawing, PLC's and Mechatronics.
- The job role will be split 3 days assessing apprentices in the field and 2 days teaching in college as required to meet the demands.
- You will hold a relevant teaching qualification along with L4 higher qualifications in their specific discipline.
- You should be a team player, confident and enthusiastic.
- You should have a passion to support this generation into their career choices
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information regarding this role, you can contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.