Trainer,Independent Living (Reduced Year) (LCC3499)
Reduced Year, 39 weeks per year
WHAT WE DO
You will be working in Foundation studies as a member of the Independent Living Team. Our aim is to support and enable our students to become as Independent as possible and to develop into young adults following the Adult Agenda framework by following and designing a framework of curriculum that would cover all areas and aspects including supporting transitions to Independent Living or Employment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and create training, skills development and assessment plans in accordance with quality standards.
- Deliver quality training and assessment in appropriate environments to achieve successful outcomes for learners.
- Assess student work, provide feedback to help the learner improve and record learner’s progress.
- Create targets and track, monitor and record progress against them. Implement interventions where needed.
- Build positive relationships with learners and provide support to ensure successful outcomes.
- Maintain CPD in subject specialist knowledge and skills, as well as training and assessment, to ensure training and assessment conforms to current best practice.
- Maintain quality standards.
- Comply with all college policies and procedures.
- Reflect on and maintain knowledge of educational/professional research to develop evidence-based practice.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships. 2
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Promote a positive image of the college and embody the college values.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.