Learning Support Assistant (Reduced Year) (LCC3605)
Term time only
WHAT WE DO
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for offering a ‘learning by doing' curriculum. Our outstanding department is full of energy and passionate about what we do. We are looking for Learning Support Assistants to join our Pastoral Team. You will provide appropriate learning support to students as outlined in their EHCP's; with a positive approach in order to support students to achieve and reach their potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Involved in planning and preparation and assessment of learning as part of the curriculum team.
- Providing in and out of class support to meet identified needs of students who have high needs.
- Providing curriculum teachers/assessors and SEND team members with verbal and written reports on students who have high needs or SEND and feedback against strategies used and progress towards outcomes on the EHCP.
- Assisting with emergency evacuation plans and practices, and helping with all emergency evacuations.
- Attend student meetings as required to update on progress and behaviours.
- May be involved in learners’ transport arrangements and helping students who have high needs to develop independent travel skills where needed. At the direction of the teacher/assessor, accompanying small groups of learners on local excursions related to programme of learning.
- Assist with personal care and medical requirements as necessary.
- Support students whom are less mobile and may use wheelchairs.
- Experience of working within a team who support students who have high needs or SEND to support their learning through identifying strategies and preparing young people for adulthood.
- Knowledge of preparation for adulthood and what it means for students with SEND.
- Able to establish rapport and to maintain professional boundaries
- Strong communication and adaptability skills for the environment.
For further information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.