Level 2 Hospitality Assistant Apprentice (Fixed Term) (APP339)
(16yrs to 17yrs) £4.97 per hour or £9,588 PA
(18yrs to 20yrs) £6.99 per hour or £13,485 PA
(21yrs to 22yrs) £9.34 per hour or £18,019 PA
(23+yrs) £9.50 per hour or £18,328 PA
Fixed Term contract: 29 March 2024
WHAT WE DO
The Supported Engagement Programme at Somerville House offer young people who may have struggled to engage in traditional education, the opportunity to re-engage in a supportive and creative environment. The Entry and Level 1 study programmes focus on increasing personal development and skills alongside practical projects to evidence these skills. The team have an extensive range of skills, knowledge and experience working within this provision which not only offers a supportive environment but also focuses on achievement and progression for these learners. We are looking for a L2 Apprentice Hospitality Assistant to join the team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- To support the catering service for Supported Engagement at Somerville House.
- Preparing and cooking the food for lunchtime service for students.
- Assisting with the ordering and deliveries of food.
- Supporting the Catering Projects worker with planning menus, providing wellbeing information to the operatives and supporting additional catering opportunities.
- Providing excellent customer service to both staff and students at the Campus.
- Assisting the Catering Project Worker to support students on work experience within the catering facility at Somerville House.
- Level 1 English and Maths (or equivalent) or commitment to gaining and achieve by end point assessment.
- The apprentice will undertake a Hospitality Team Member Standard L2 (production pathway).
- Passion and interest in the industry.
- Willingness to develop skills in creating professional relationships with customers.
- Willingness to adhere to policies and procedures to work in an educational environment.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.