HR and Payroll Assistant
We are looking for a HR and Payroll Assistant to support the HR and Payroll Supervisor to ensure a smooth running of our small HR and Payroll Department, across Settlement.
The post holder will work as part of a team who will share responsibility for several tasks and will have responsibility for specific areas. They will liaise with colleagues to ensure that information relating to payroll is correct and sent in a timely manner. They will offer help and advice relating to HR queries.
The post holder will be based at The Mary Ward Centre, in Bloomsbury initially, but will move in Spring 2023 to our new centre, located in Stratford, London Borough of Newham, located on Stratford High Street, a short walk from Stratford International station, and other good transport links.
The post holder will:
- Support the HR supervisor with recruitment process and administration, including preparation of contracts, collection of references, qualifications, and other paperwork.
- Maintain HR records on personnel files / system
- Maintain absence records including annual leave, TOIL, maternity, paternity, and sickness
- Manage and respond to HR queries
- Support the provision of an efficient and responsive HR service across the Settlement
- Receive and process all related data for the Settlements payrolls, accurately and on time for each pay period
- Maintain records of all additional hours by tutors and ensure these are paid accurately and on time
- Maintain, record and process sickness and absence records for payroll purposes, calculating pay entitlements such as SMP and SSP
- Maintain pension records for the Settlements’ pension schemes and complete appropriate monthly returns and yearly returns to the authorities
- Respond to staff payroll and pension queries Support the Finance and Resources team in the provision of an efficient payroll service across the Settlement
- Carry out the role in a way which support the ethos and policies of the Settlement
- To carry out all reasonable tasks, consistent with the post, that will aid the smooth running of the Settlement
The Mary Ward Centre offers high quality adult education and community services, covering the areas of Digital Media, Computing & IT, Business and Management, English and Maths, Languages, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health and Social Care, Writing and Publishing, Visual Arts, Music and Singing.
The Centre’s main premises at 42 Queen Square, Holborn consist of two interconnecting Grade II listed Georgian houses overlooking the Square. The Centre also holds classes in a second, modern building at Blackfriars Settlement, 1 Rushworth Street, SE1 0RB which is a short walk from Southwark Station. The atmosphere at both buildings is relaxed and friendly but purposeful. Students come from all walks of life, both local and London wide (and beyond). Their education, work and life experience varies enormously.
If you have any queries, you can contact email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Thursday 27th October 2022 at 5pm
*Please note we DO NOT accept CVs*
Please apply via the link