14+ Academies Apprentice Learning Mentor (APP338)
** This role is 35 hours per week **
What We Do:
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a Apprentice Learning Mentor in our outstanding 14+ Academies (14+ Apprenticeship Academy and 14+ PTECH Academy). We are seeking a ambitious, talented and adaptable individual to undertake this role. The 14+ Academies is an vastly oversubscribed safe and inclusive environment that is accepting of everyone. It provides opportunities to young people to develop, maximise their potential, raise aspirations and embrace their individuality. Relationship building is at the heart of its ethos.
What You Will Do:
- Deliver the personal development curriculum as part of tutor time to a form group in the 14+ Academies including the collection or evidence in this respect.
- Give academic and development support and coaching to all learners in the 14+ Academies.
- Work hard to develop effective relationships with learners in a variety of ways including role modelling mutual respect and high aspirations.
- Motivate and inspire learners to always try their best and show respect.
- Support groups of learners on their vocational days by working with the relevant departmental staff.
- The ability to form meaningful and impactful relationships quickly.
- Able to work positively and effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
- The ability to adapt to change and hold key problem skills.
Vacancy Contact: Ellie Barker - email@example.com
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.