Teacher - Chef Patisserie Skills (LCC3593)
WHAT WE DO
The School of Travel, Food and Drink based at the Printworks Campus is looking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced teacher of Patisserie skills. The ideal candidate will have the necessary experience and skills to teach across all levels of this subject, with an emphasis on level 2 and 3 Patisserie, both full and part time. The successful candidate will offer a learner focused approach to teaching, learning and assessment, which is key to this role alongside a passion for supporting student retention, achievement and progression. The courses we provide encompass a wide range of pathways for our learners beginning at Entry Level 3, up to Level 3 Extended Programmes of study and Apprenticeship options. The School of Travel, Food and Drink consists of a team of industry specialist teachers and support staff, who have the drive and passion to create an environment that motivates students to set extremely high standards for themselves, preparing them for the next stage in their learning journey, an apprenticeship or employment.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
We are looking for innovation, creativity and high standards. We are interested in practitioners who have had a successful teaching role and are able to lead by example in order to achieve positive outcomes You will be keen to explore new challenges and opportunities within your teaching, learning and assessment in order to inspire and motivate our students, whilst continually updating records that monitor progress In addition you will work towards removing barriers to learning in order to ensure high levels of attendance, retention and achievement are at the core of your approach
- You will design and Develop an updated curriculum that meets the needs of all of our learners Plan, prepare and develop schemes of learning, teaching and learning resources as well as assessment plans.
- You will deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- You will responsible for recording student progress and developing attendance strategies
- You will motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- You will assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners' progress for identified modules
- You will take an active role in the Internal Verification process
- You will line manage course staff Work closely with other staff to ensure that learners within the curriculum areas are successful in all aspects of their programme
- You should have a commitment to Continuous Professional Development and engagement in weekly Mastery and Excellence time
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.