14-16 SEND Support Worker (Reduced Year) (LCC3545)
Reduced year, 39 weeks per year
WHAT WE DO
This is an exciting opportunity to join Leeds City College as a SEND Support Worker to join our 14-16 Skills Development Programme. We are seeking a talented and organised individual to undertake this important role. This role requires an experienced Support Worker to make a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Work closely with programme tutors and 14 -19 Mentors, in supporting individual students or groups of students who may demonstrate emotional and behavioural problems.
- Support teaching staff where individual student behaviour within a group is impacting on the learning of the group as a whole.
- Collaborate with programme tutors and 14 -19 Mentors to develop learning strategies and practices for pre-16 pupils including individual and group student support strategies.
- Collaborate with programme tutors and 14 -19 Mentors to facilitate links with schools, parents and appropriate external agencies e.g. Education Welfare Service, Social Services, Social Inclusion Unit and Youth Offending Teams.
- Assist with the collection and maintenance of documentation for student records.
- Contribute to individual student target-setting and reviews and contribute to ongoing advice and guidance concerning progression routes pre- and post-16.
- Maintain an overview of attendance and follow up absences immediately.
- Attend team and staff meetings as well as case study meetings.
- Be a member of the College’s care and control team.
- Good general education at NVQ level 2 or equivalent including literacy and numeracy.
- Appropriate training and/or a willingness to undertake training in supporting the needs of disengaged/disadvantaged students who may have emotional and behavioural problems.
- Experience of working with disengaged/disadvantaged young people in an educational setting
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.