Project Worker - Level 2 (LCC3528)
WHAT WE DO:
- The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for offering a ‘learning by doing’ curriculum. Our outstanding department is full of energy and passionate about what we do. The courses we provide encompass a wide range of creative and bespoke pathways for our spirited learners studying Level 1, 2 and 3 qualifications.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- You will run and design timetabled projects across our Level 2 Groups.
- Weekly timetables could vary from 12 - 18 hours classroom delivery of projects, and then remaining weekly hours utilised with project planning and working with curriculum and external stakeholders to create student opportunities.
- The projects facilitated focus on embedding practical employability skills linked to their courses through interactive, creative activities.
- You will assist in the designing and facilitating of projects within the department curriculum for Level 2 learners to create opportunities for students to add to their CVs outside of the classroom.
- You will actively embed Enterprise and Employability skills within every project to enhance student learning.
- You will utilise effective project management skills to support Employability Projects to achieve agreed long term objectives, which aim to maximise student enrichment linked with Gatsby Benchmarks.
- You will contribute towards evaluation reports of the projects that include participation numbers, impacts, and areas for future improvement.
- You will assist creating individual case studies to evidence the positive effects the projects have had on the students learning and personal skills.
- You will work alongside the curriculum staff to coordinate the projects and activities into their teaching plans and match the projects to the subject units.
- We are looking for a motivated and hardworking Project Worker who will build onto the existing excellent practice within the area.
- We are looking for innovation, creativity, and high standards.
- We are interested in workers who are looking for new challenges, confident with project planning, and the ability to build positive and professional relationships with our learners.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information regarding this role, you can contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.