Exam Access Arrangements (EAA) Assessor (Part Time) (LCC3543)
Part time, 11.5 hours per week
WHAT WE DO
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post-16 students within the Leeds City region. This role requires an experienced Exam Access Arrangements (EAA) Assessor to assist the Examination & Assessment Lead in administering EAA testing within the college network (multi-site). Predominantly this is a remote working position with all necessary equipment provided inc. college laptop, mobile phone and access to testing equipment. Our team make a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students, and line manage a highly effective team within the SEND department.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Contact and arrange testing for EAA those students identified through the referral process.
- Work with tutors to support and evidence students' normal way of working.
- Manage your own diary and prioritise your own workload.
- Complete Form8 reports, filenotes and GDPR forms in line with JCQ regulations.
- Maintain and keep accurate records including recording information on relevant spreadsheets and forms.
- Work closely with exam departments to ensure EAA is processed in an efficient and timely manner.
- Contribute to the wider college SEND agenda and work collaboratively within a large and dynamic team.
- Promote and be able to demonstrate assistive technology to help promote independence in learners.
- Work with the Examination & Assessment Lead to review processes and make improvements to the EAA process.
- You will have a Postgraduate Level 7 qualification to be able to complete EAA assessments.
- You will have a 'Can do' attitude and be flexible in your working .
- You will be able to travel to multiple sites across the Leeds City College Network.
- You will be an excellent communicator able to interact with all levels of staff and students across college.
- You will show empathy and compassion when communicating EAA to students.
- You will be and independent thinker and use your own professional judgement when assessing students.
- You will have a high level of Safeguarding awareness.
- You will engage in CPD and training in order to develop knowledge within your own specialist area.
- You will comply with all college policies and procedures and ensure mandatory training is up to date
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Martin Stables, Examination & Assessment Lead
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.