Programme Manager, Visual Arts (LCC3591)
WHAT WE DO
The Visual Arts team at Leeds City College delivers courses in Graphic Design, Photography Art and Design and Fashion and Textiles, for students, largely between the ages of 14 and 19 across levels 1-3. We deliver a varied curriculum, aimed at teaching technical and academic skills to progress students towards higher education, employment or apprenticeships.
There is a strong focus on developing learners in terms of their soft skills, helping them to grow as people as part of their journey towards employment. We harness and develop creativity, promoting its importance in industry, education and personal development. As a staff team we pride ourselves on our continual personal development and we are driven to provide high levels of education and an exciting curriculum.
All staff are involved in the design of the curriculum, which is closely aligned to the needs of industry, as well as delivering and assessing coursework. We work closely as a team, responding in a flexible way to the challenges of each day, with a strong emphasis on mutual support.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Support the learning of around 250 learners on Levels 1, 2 and 3 within visual arts courses ensuring outstanding attendance, achievement and retention.
- Lead activities to ensure outstanding teaching.
- Ensure Quality processes are implemented, and high standards maintained.
- Lead and manage target-setting and monitoring of student progress.
- Lead on pastoral care and support for students.
- Manage our staff team, setting targets and appraising staff members.
- Build positive relationships with students and staff using restorative practices.
- Deliver outstanding teaching across Graphic Design or Photography.
- Be responsible for student recruitment activities, including interviews and open evenings.
- Be responsible for working with the marketing department and signing off on marketing materials for all courses which you manage.
- Willing to take on a quality of education role within the department including lead internal verification duties.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the Further Education sector.
- Management experience in a teaching environment or evidence of transferable skills and a willingness to undertake management training.
- An understanding of the current Education Inspection Framework (EIF).
- The ability to lead a team to create exciting and dynamic courses.
- Excellent understanding of the safeguarding processes.
- Be an excellent practitioner within the delivery of Photography and Graphic Design.
- Demonstrate a passion for new and innovative ideas around curriculum development.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.