Course Manager in Uniformed Public Services
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Course Manager in Uniformed Public Services to become a key member of our Sport, Travel and Uniformed Public Services department.
As a Course Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Preparing, delivering, assessing and verifying subject specialisms on a range of further education courses within the Uniformed Public Services Department, in line with College policies and procedure as directed by the Head of Department.
- Disseminating updated information and course specifications ensuring that awarding organisation requirements are met i.e. awarding organisation registrations.
- Liaising with the course team and relevant staff to ensure that all students are enrolled and follow a designated study programme which meets current timetabling policy rules.
- Drafting course timetables in liaison with the course teams and Head of Department
Our ideal candidates will have experience of recent experience of teaching and assessing on a range of Uniformed Public Services programmes and adapting approaches accordingly and experience of consistently providing a high-quality learning experience for all students at both FE & HE, alongside the following qualifications:
- Literacy and Numeracy Level 2 or equivalent
- Relevant Level 3 or above qualification
- Safeguarding training
- Equality and Diversity training
- PGCE/CertEd or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
- TBCG Employment of Ex-Offenders Policy.pdf
- JOB DESCRIPTION Uniformed Public Services CM Bedford.docx
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.