Events, Outreach & Communications Officer
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College (DGC). Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected (“outstanding”), QAA reviewed and OfS registered, with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
DGC is a leading independent College in the heart of the city of London that aims to promote the joy of knowledge by offering a dynamic educational experience, providing learners with the opportunity to develop new skills and talents that are highly desirable in the job market.
DGHE offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees (3 years; 4 years with a foundation programme and Level 6 Top-ups) and BTEC Higher National Diplomas specialising in Business, Healthcare, Public Services and Art & Design.
Add value to the DGHE Marketing & Communications Office in the area of events and outreach, with the objective of expanding reach and engagement with key target markets and communities relevant to DGHE, including internal, external, recruitment and community activities.
Normally Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm, but with a hybrid working model, typically Work-From-Home 2 days a week, with a possibility of evenings and weekends, depending on when in-person attendance is needed for events, Covid-19 restrictions and/or occasional UK travel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Internal events: Manage, organise and support internal events such as induction days, graduation, careers days, staff events, open houses and tours, art exhibitions, seasonal/cultural activities, etc.
- External outreach: Manage, organise and support external outreach activities and events, such as exhibitions/fairs, educational and recruitment workshops in feeder schools, recruitment agencies and community organisations; pursuing traineeships/internships and other partnership opportunities with industry, etc. This includes raising awareness and building new relationships, sometimes through cold-calling, visits, and being able to sell the value of our offerings at DGHE.
- Research: Conduct market research, industry mapping and network analysis to develop recommendations and plans to increase the quality and reach of outreach activities.
- Content production: Develop content, such as capturing photos and videos of events, writing captions, website news / newsletter articles, hashtags and taglines, developing artwork concepts to fit the channel specifications, choice of imagery, etc. (responsible for media concepts and raw media capture, but not necessarily design/editing).
- Increase participation: Attract more students from diverse backgrounds – including the BAME community, different abilities and age groups – through strategic engagement with schools, agencies, associations and community groups.
- Monitoring and evaluation: Continuously monitor the output of events, outreach and communications efforts; provide regular reports tracking Key Performance Indicators; identify challenges or lessons learned and make recommendations to inform communications activities going forward.
The applicant would:
- Be “a people person”; an excellent communicator, outgoing and engaging
- Offer high levels of personal and professional competence and skills in event management, pitching and persuasion, community relations and outreach, content production – including copywriting, concept development for design, basic photography and videography – marketing/communications and stakeholder relations
- Have a great attitude – enthusiastic about education, outreach and community – and willingness to learn, grow and work hard in order to contribute to a busy, performance-driven team, represent DGHE and develop community relationships
- Be a hard-working team-player and self-starter with a commitment to satisfying customers, solving problems and exceeding expectations
- Have skills, behaviours and communication approaches that build successful relationships within teams and across teams and communities
- Understand marketing campaign development and new technologies in communications that improve service levels and efficiency
- Be a creative thinker with a talent for developing marketing campaigns, engagement tactics, presentations and other materials and activities
- Be passionate about education and facilitating the career advancement of others
- Take pride in being professional and an expert in the field to achieve results
- Seek and respond to feedback to achieve results
- Commit to self-development to enhance skills and abilities
- Have capacity to work to tight deadlines, changing priorities, on own initiative and to take responsibility for decisions and outcomes.
To apply please send covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Job description and person specification available at: https://www.dghe.ac.uk/college/staff-vacancies