Training Coordinator - Business
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford and Corby campuses for a Training Coordinator to become a key member of our Apprenticeships department.
As a Training Coordinator, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Coordinating the training for workbased provision.
- Delivering and assessing knowledge and competence components for workbased learners.
- Ensuring that tracking systems for workbased learners are updated regularly and accurately.
- Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with employers and classroom based tutors to ensure regular communication about performance and progress.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of experience of working in the relevant sector(s) and experience of assessing NVQ level 3 work in the relevant sector(s), alongside the following qualifications:
- A qualification at level 3 or above in an appropriate sector specialism.
- TAQA L3 Certificate or equivalent qualification
- English and Maths or similar at GCSE grade A-C
or willingness to achieve Literacy and Numeracy at Level 2
- L3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent qualification
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services - Fixed Term till 26/01/2024
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.