Assessment and Examinations Officer
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with commitment and enthusiasm.
About the role
The College is looking to appoint an Assessment & Examinations Officer to work within the Management Information Team. The post holder responsibilities will involve ensuring that examinations are carried out to a high standard, run efficiently and successfully for the both the college and students in line with the awarding organisation rules.
The post holder will also ensure that all awarding organisation rules are followed and to ensure achievement data is entered onto both internal and external systems to a high level of accuracy. As well as support the annual curriculum planning process.
We would like the ideal candidate to have experience of managing events, engaging in effective teamwork in a customer-facing role. You will also have experience of meeting deadlines, step into situations in order to diagnose and fix problems quickly.
If you have worked in Examinations or MIS within the Further or Higher Education Sector we would love to hear from you.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please see the information below.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.