0.5fte On-Line Learning Coach - 18 hours per week
0.5fte On-Line Learning Coach – 18 hours per week – Fixed Term up until May 2023 (or less) to cover Maternity
Westminster City Council is committed to creating a Fairer City where people are born into a supportive and safe environment, grow and learn throughout their lives, build fantastic careers in world-leading industries. Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
Our recent Ofsted was good overall with outstanding features and will enable us to grow and develop as an organisation and want someone who shares our vision of attaining excellence to join our passionate and highly skilled leadership team.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
The success of this role will ensure that:
- Retention and achievement rates of learners is high and in line with agreed annual KPI
- Learners tracking and monitoring is always up to date and accessible at all times
- Audits are timely and provide quality information on progress learners and tutors are making
- Internal quality assurance arrangements are implemented effectively and show compliance to systems
- Monthly reporting frameworks are provided on learner progress and tutor progress to line manager
- Level 2 Business Administration or willing to work towards
- Level 2 English and numeracy
- Demonstrable administrative experience
- Experience in customer service and dealing directly with external customers
- IT skills – particularly word processing and spreadsheets – Office 365 and associated applications
- Experience of using Management Information Systems (MIS) for data input and generating reports is desirable
- Experience of online learning is desirable
- Skills in organisation, time management, and verbal and written communication
- An understanding of safeguarding legislation and a commitment to equality and diversity and their applications to the educational sector and this role
What we offer:
We are passionate about our aim to be an inclusive workplace for all that reflects the communities we serve, and we believe everyone is valued.
We particularly welcome applicants from underrepresented backgrounds, including BAME, LGBTQ+ and those with hidden or visible disabilities.
The Service offers a competitive salary, employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 10 October 2022. Interviews will be held via Teams shortly after the closing date.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2039
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
CVs will not be accepted for this post.
Please apply via the link