Admin Team Leader - Multiply
If you have a passion for Admin and you are looking for a team leading role, we may just have the role for you. Working on the Mayors Multiply contract within CCCG (Capital City College Group) you will be responsible for the day to day running of the admin support for the contract.
Capital City College Group is the largest further education provider in London, and the third largest in the UK, with three colleges – City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London – and a training arm delivering apprenticeships and courses for employers, Capital City College Training. CCCG also helped found Visionaries, a social enterprise for entrepreneurs, and 01 Founders, a unique coding school.
We are recruiting for an Admin Team Leader to manage a team of administrators and ensure that all the administration processes and procedures are followed, and we have a robust audit trail.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• To co-ordinate curriculum administration with discretionary responsibility for monitoring, reviewing, recommending, and implementing effective procedures.
• Co-ordinate the administration work of the curriculum team and provide dedicated administrative support to the Academic Head, Curriculum Manager, teaching staff and learners within the curriculum area.
• To line manage and supervise the work of the project Administrators to provide effective and timely administrative support to the project area and ensure that appropriate cover is provided for the department.
• With the support of the administration team act as first point of contact for all learner enquiries for the project area, responding directly to enquiries with a high degree of initiative and ensure timely response to all queries.
• Work effectively with peers to ensure an even workload distribution across CCCT (Capital City College Training), planning for the lending and receiving support as needed to help even out peaks and troughs in demand.
• Use College Systems to track, monitor and report to the Academy Managers and Program Managers highlighting any staff slippage, and dealing with any curriculum area queries regarding timetables, inputting any associated amendments as required.
• Use College Absence database system to monitor and record staff absence and ensure appropriate documents (self-certificates, medical certificates) are completed and sent to Human Resources.
• Liaise with the Head of Project Data and Admin to co-ordinate the process of ensuring course profiles is produced, amended, and updated in a timely manner for the website, prospectus, and other marketing materials. Working closely with the Marketing team, as necessary.
• Liaise with Exams and Curriculum Managers to ensure effective invigilation arrangements are in place and carry out invigilation duties as required.
• Co-ordinate information requirements and deadlines issued to academic staff teams, ensuring the information is completed and returned as required, in a timely manner and in accordance with College policy.
• Act as main point of contact for MIS (Management Information Systems) Data Quality queries, working closely with the Data Quality Support Assistants and in liaison with the Head of Compliance to ensure accurate learner data and provide regular and timely updates to the Data Quality team as required.
• Liaise with the Head of Project Data and Compliance to manage the invoicing system in accordance with the College’s financial regulations. Use finance reporting systems to regularly track and report as appropriate, the curriculum area budget expenditure.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with the Head of Multiply and Curriculum Managers in generating course and staff timetables. Ensure the timely inputting of timetables onto the College’s student record database, in accordance with guidelines issued to ensure that timetables are accurate. Deal with any curriculum area queries regarding timetables and input any required amendments. Support the Head and Curriculum Managers in the production and monitoring of the tariff plan.
• Attend curriculum area meetings and provide administrative support in the co-ordination of, and minute taking at, these meetings.
• Maintain effective and secure electronic and manual filing and retrieval systems in accordance with Data Protection requirements, which enable accurate and up to date information to be accessed quickly and easily.
• Ensure effective and efficient administration processes are in place which link and complement systems in other parts of the College and attend regular standardization meetings with other Senior Curriculum Administrators to ensure consistent practices are followed to streamline processes, where possible.
• Effectively participate in the main enrolment process and associated activities for the curriculum area and support the Customer Services team as required during main enrolment to ensure timely enrolments during this period.
• Carry out fire warden duties as required
• To provide a helpful, professional, and flexible service to internal or external customers of the department or the College.
• To act in accordance with college values and positively represent Capital City College Group in all aspects of your work.
• To operate in accordance with the College’s policies and procedures.
• To act in a safe manner which safeguards the health and safety of yourself and others.
• To be aware of equality and diversity, the needs of customers and learners and demonstrate these principles in all aspects of your work.
• To be familiar with and comply with the College’s safeguarding requirements which protect the welfare of children and vulnerable adults.
• To participate in and take responsibility for your own learning and development.
• To provide cover or support for other members of your team and undertake any other duties required by your line manager appropriate to your position within the organization. This includes attending other sites and working on other contracts as required.
1. Promotes all College policies, particularly those which refer to equality of opportunity. Maintain standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
2. To implement Health and Safety and Security procedures in accordance with statutory and College requirements.
3. To actively participate in continuous professional development.
4. To work with the School Management Team to ensure appropriate arrangements for class cover are in place.
5. To undertake any other duties consistent with the key objectives and/or main duties of the post.
1. To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role including financial human and physical resources.
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a competitive salary and pension provision, plus a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays. Other benefits include our Employee Assistance Programme, discount portal and salary sacrifice schemes.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes.
All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences.
Capital City College Group is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Please click here to view the job description
Closing Date: 25th September 2022
Assessment / Interview Date: 5th & 6th October 2022
For further information about the role, please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.