Sports Assistant (Reduced Year) (Part Time) (LCC3510)
Reduced Year 36 weeks per year
Part Time 25 hours per week
This role may require lone working
WHAT WE DO
- Leeds City College are delighted to be advertising for a Sports Assistant to join the Student Life Enrichment team.
- The team has responsibility for a wide range of areas including cross college enrichment, student voice, volunteering, student leadership and social action.
- Through this work we aim to develop student skills, widen participation, ensure learners have a voice in college and the community as well as enhancing their life experiences.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for delivering and supporting sport and physical activity programmes for students, motivating them to engage in a weekly activities programme and regular events.
- You will also be responsible for developing student leadership opportunities in sport through this work.
- Due to the nature of the role, Leeds City College welcomes applications from candidates who have experience of delivering or supporting sport activities, motivating young people as well as experience of supporting or participating in volunteering activities or social action.
- The successful candidate will have a positive attitude, great time management skills and be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the role.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.