Curriculum Manager Multiply
Do you have a passion for Maths and an understanding of some of the barriers people face when they do not understand basic Maths applications? We are looking for an experienced Maths curriculum Manager with the ability with their team to reach different communities and be able to build a programme which enables a greater understanding of Maths, whether that be helping their children with homework, understanding basic budgeting, maths for specific job roles to working towards a L2 qualification.
Capital City College Group is the largest further education provider in London, and the third largest in the UK, with three colleges – City and Islington College, Westminster Kingsway College and the College of Haringey, Enfield, and North East London – and a training arm delivering apprenticeships and courses for employers, Capital City College Training. CCCG also helped found Visionnaires, a social enterprise for entrepreneurs, and 01 Founders, a unique coding school.
We are recruiting for a Maths Curriculum Manager to implement and maintain delivery of CCCG’s Multiply contract, through collaborative working with curriculum, delivery, and employer/partner engagement teams. You will be responsible for designing and managing the delivery of curriculum on the Multiply contract
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
1. To contribute to the development, planning and implementation of new curriculum, learning and teaching initiatives both within the school and for a designated group of courses.
2. To develop curriculum to meet the needs of the Multiply contract and London Communities
3. To provide curriculum and subject leadership to the course team.
4. To assist in the co-ordination of lecturers and support staff who contribute to the work of the courses, to ensure they are kept informed regarding all college, curriculum, learning and teaching developments.
5. To lead Course Team meetings and contribute to course and programme review meetings.
6. To participate fully in the marketing and promotional events for the designated courses.
7. To promote an aspirational culture for learners’ punctuality, attendance, and retention in liaison with Personal Tutors and the course team, to improve performance and meet College targets.
8. To make effective links with relevant outside schools and referral agents to secure learner intake.
9. To take an active role in reviewing the curriculum, learning, and teaching strategies and to monitor quality to promote continuous improvement.
10. To assist in the safeguarding of all learners and communication with stakeholders, external agencies, and referrers.
11. To contribute to the general development of the curriculum and pedagogic practices within the school.
Learning and teaching duties:
12. To teach 10 hours per week across a range of courses.
13. To prepare lesson planning documentation and schemes of work to ensure thorough preparation for the delivery of learning and teaching.
14. To assist in the admissions, enrolment, and placement of new learners.
15. To co-ordinate regular assessment of learners, provide prompt feedback to them and complete progress reports.
16. To work with the course team(s), to meet course administration requirements.
17. To monitor learners’ attendance, punctuality, and retention in liaison with personal tutors and the course team.
18. To review course provision with the course team(s).
19. To contribute towards embedding the College’s quality processes and procedures, through leading the course team(s).
20. To liaise with cross College staff and other course teams.
21. To organise and take part in learner trips and other enrichment activities.
22. To assist with the marketing and publicity of courses.
23. Promotes all College policies, particularly those which refer to equality of opportunity. Maintain standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
24. To implement Health and Safety and Security procedures in accordance with statutory and College requirements.
25. To actively participate in continuous professional development.
26. To work with the School Management Team to ensure appropriate arrangements for class cover are in place.
27. To undertake any other duties consistent with the key objectives and/or main duties of the post.
1.To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role including financial human and physical resources.
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you a competitive salary and pension provision, plus a generous annual leave allowance of 30 days plus bank holidays. Other benefits include our Employee Assistance Programme, discount portal and salary sacrifice schemes.
We are committed to the safeguarding and protection of young people and adults and follow Safer Recruitment processes. All successful candidates will need to complete a DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, with some roles requiring an Enhanced check. A criminal record will not necessarily bar you from working for us; this will depend on the circumstances of any offences.
Capital City College Group is committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion in all our activities for everyone who learns and works here. We respect and value differences and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Please click here to view the job description.
Closing Date: Sunday 25th September 2022
Assessment/Interview Date: 5th & 6th Oct
For further information about the role, please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.