Student Records Officer
35 Hours (1 FTE), Fixed Term Contract to cover maternity leave
We are one of the largest partners of the University of the Highlands and Islands, a partnership of 13 colleges and research institutions comprising Scotland’s newest university.
As the UK’s leading tertiary education provider, we deliver both further education and higher education courses and that makes us different from traditional institutions. Through an innovative approach to learning and some of the best online learning technologies, we offer our students the complete learner journey, where they have choice and flexibility to study from access level right through to PhD.
UHI Inverness is at the heart of the community. Working closely with businesses and stakeholders, our curriculum and research capacity is designed to meet the ever-evolving needs of industry and support the strengths and ambitions of the region. Through a personalised approach, we help our students discover their right path, providing them with a combination of qualification and job-ready skills to succeed in the workplace. UHI Inverness has locations at Inverness Campus and also the Scottish School of Forestry (Balloch), a growing hub for research, innovation and enterprise set within a 215-acre site.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated member of staff to work with us as a Student Records Officer on a fixed term basis.
We are seeking a suitably skilled and qualified individual to work within our Student Records Team. The post holder will provide a service to staff and students, ensuring the accurate and timely data input and maintenance of student records from enrolment to certification.
Key Accountabilities include:
- Respond to student and staff queries, either face to face, over the telephone, by email and Microsoft Teams, using initiative to ensure excellent customer service.
- Input, amend and maintain student records throughout the year from various and multiple sources of information.
- Ensure data is of the highest quality and reliability for onwards reporting.
- Data extraction to validate and check data using a number of database systems and reporting mechanisms.
- Assist in the validation and accuracy of data for various internal reporting and external statutory reporting to the Scottish Funding Council and HISA.
- Ensure full compliance with various awarding body standards (e.g. SQA) and Data Protection and GDPR legislation in all activities
Please note: the successful post holder will need to pass a satisfactory PVG Scheme check through Disclosure Scotland prior to commencing employment.
Application Closing Date: 13 October 2022
Shortlisting will take place on 14 October 2022
Interviews will be held on 18 October 2022
If you have any queries about the application process please contact the Human Resources Department on email@example.com
Job Profile Job Profile document
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.