Head of Quality
We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Head of Quality to become a key member of our Quality and Professional Development department.
As a Head of Quality, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Implementing a range of quality initiatives, systems and processes in liaison with the Director of Quality to instigate improvements to the quality of education and student experience.
- Reviewing, monitoring and auditing procedures and systems and ensure that they are implemented effectively providing quality assurance and consistently to drive continual improvement.
- Leading and taking forward new quality initiatives, designed to drive up standards.
- Leading and supporting the curriculum departments and directorates in all aspects of quality improvement.
- Leading the Quality Department in driving quality improvement across the Group
Our ideal candidates will have experience of proven education management experience in Further Education (FE), Higher Education (HE) and/or Apprenticeship provision and evidence of providing high quality effective learning experience in all delivery environments, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all round level of education to include Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent level (level 2)
- Certificate in Education/PGCE or equivalent
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 35 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on the 19th October 2022
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.