Early Years Practitioner
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
- Kia Car Scheme
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Nottingham College is currently seeking to recruit an Early Years Practitioner to join our nursery based within the Adams Building set in the Lace Market area of the City. We are looking for an individual to join our team.
Are you a Level 3 Qualified Childcare Practitioner looking to make a difference in the lives of the children we care for? We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of care and education from 6 weeks to 5 years. We recognise what an important role we play in each child’s development. Most of all, we want our children to be happy, confident and secure. Nottingham College is a diverse and inclusive college and we welcome individuals who can embrace our ethos and contribute new ways of thinking to enhance and support the care and development of every child at the very start of their learning journey.
We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs – indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life in nursery for the families and children we support. Would you like to work within a learning environment that is concentrated on helping young children reach their full potential through play and stimulating activities? Then we would like to hear from you.
· Creating engaging, fun and informative learning opportunities, helping the children make excellent progress and meet the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
· Experience at keeping high quality records regarding the children’s development.
· To plan appropriately for your key children’s development using the EYFS curriculum
· Be a good communicator and use this skill to build relationships with children, parents and professionals to deliver thoughtful and creative childcare
· Contribute to giving children a healthy start in life, equipping them with the support, knowledge and nurturing they need to thrive, whilst leaving a lasting positive impact.
· To continue the learning journey in attending mandatory and new initiative training relevant to the post.
· Be reliable and make a positive contribution to our team
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Beverley Stewart on 0115 912 5502 or email Beverley.email@example.com
Interviews/assessments are planned for 10th and 11th October 22.
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.