Workshop Technician (Brickwork)
To be a successful candidate you must have Level 2 (and preferably 3) brick work qualification. You must have recent industry experience.
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic workshop technician who will support the practical and technical aspects of the construction curriculum by preparing, providing, maintaining, organising and managing the resources required for healthy, safe and secure, exciting practical activities to be carried out by staff and learners.
- Maintain teaching workshop, preparation of rooms and equipment in a safe and efficient state, in accordance with statutory regulations and the College Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure that workshops and the preparation of rooms are kept tidy and in a suitable state for carrying out practical lessons. This will include cleaning and maintaining the workshop.
- Liaise with the teaching staff for the apparatus needs of lessons and ensure that equipment is in working order.
- Prepare and set out materials and equipment for staff demonstrations and Learner experiments, as requested by the teaching staff.
- Support teaching staff in working with learners on specific projects – this may involve the construction of demo models..
- Liaise with teachers in testing and developing new practicals.
- Prepare materials for external practical assessments as required by the examination board, ensuring their security and confidentially at all times.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology; including our state-of-the-art clinical simulation suite.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.