Teacher, Education and Childcare (LCC3579)
Contractual Hours - 30
Work Pattern - Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri
Duration of Contract - Permanent
WHAT WE DO
You will be based at our new Campus at Quarry Hill within the Cultural Quarter of Leeds. A blend of green scenery and modern architecture, Quarry Hill Campus boasts specialist childcare training resources, multi-sensory provision, food technology suites, digital technology labs, state of the art hospitality equipment and industry standard studios and theatres.
With cutting-edge facilities and schools that pride themselves on industry links, Quarry Hill is unrivalled in the region. The role will work closely with the Education and Childcare team to support students academically and emotionally to achieve their qualification. The department has over 25 staff working within it to support approximately 400 students.
This is a meaningful and rewarding role where you have the opportunity to see your students' progress through their chose study path and career, knowing that you have supported them along the way to achieve their potential.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans.
- Deliver inspiring sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods for identified modules.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Be responsible for recording student progress
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Ideally Level 5 teaching qualification (Or commitment to undertake within 2 years).
- Ability to inspire and motivate learners to achieve their optimum.
- A passion for subjects that might include criminology, psychology, health & sport, careers, law or any others topics relating to the uniformed services and armed forces.
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Recent teaching delivery which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible towards the requirements of different learner needs.
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.