We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford campus for a Management Accountant to become a key member of our Finance department.
As a Management Accountant, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Analysing management information using data that drives this information to support the Campus Principals to make the most effective decisions for their Curriculum services
- Preparing information that will offer a management accounting service to a range of College Directors and Principals
- Assisting Head of Management Accounts in preparing reports that will be relevant for the Senior Leadership meetings
- Assisting Head of Management Accounts in the annual budget setting and year end processes, using statistical data to support recommendations.
- Engaging in business development
Our ideal candidates will have experience of using Excel to analyse complex data and experience of using activity data to drive financial information, alongside the following qualifications:
- Part qualified CIMA or equivalent
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
Managment Accountant JD.docx