Employee Engagement and Development Officer
We are looking for a highly organised individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, enabling them to work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee engagement, development and wellbeing initiatives and projects.
You will have experience in either/both employee engagement or staff development and a good understanding of the importance of engagement and development to retention, performance and job satisfaction.
You will have good IT skills and it’s essential that you have MS PowerPoint and Excel skills. Experience of the iTrent HR system, or similar would be helpful.
You will have excellent written and spoken communication skills and you’ll need to be a planner that can plan and coordinate well.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Developing a programme of activities to develop and enhance our employee experience and improve employee’s advocacy, commitment, and emotional attachment to Oldham College and the work we do.
- Developing employee Health and Wellbeing initiatives and resources.
- Together with the HR Recruitment Specialist, co-ordinating the onboarding process for new employees.
Co-ordinating the development and delivery of the College’s CPD plan; liaising with other delivery teams and external providers and working with managers to assess both individual, departmental and organisational learning and development needs.
- Developing and designing key metrics to track Employee Engagement and employee experience.
- Co-ordinating the annual employee engagement survey and subsequent action planning; organising focus groups and task and finish groups and helping our teams to live and breathe the College values and behaviours.
- Managing our existing employee benefits and wellbeing provisions whilst identifying and researching new initiatives to introduce to our employees.
Co-ordinating the College’s PDR scheme and managing the Performance and L&D modules in iTrent.
- Organising whole College wide staff events and celebrations.
Joining our Journey:
When you join Oldham College, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Green Car Salary Sacrifice Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology; including our state-of-the-art clinical simulation suite.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List.
The role will require you to embed and work to the College’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.