Technician - Engineering
We have a great opportunity based at our Corby campus for a Technician to become a key member of our Engineering department.
As a Technician, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Providing technical support to teaching staff and students within Engineering
- Ensuring that health and safety requirements are met in the laboratories and teaching areas.
- Operating and maintain practical equipment across a range of subjects.
Our ideal candidates will have experience of knowledge of health and safety procedures and practices, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 relevant vocational qualification in General, Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical engineering
- English and mathematics or similar at GCSE grade A-C or equivalent or willingness to achieve English and mathematics Level 2 within one year
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 37 hours per week (1.0 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 27 days per annum (plus public holidays)
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on the 13th October 2022
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.