We have a great opportunity based at our Bedford Sixth Form campus for a Guidance Advisor to become a key member of our Bedford Sixth Form department.
As a Guidance Advisor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- Supporting students through delivering tutorial lessons and professional skills development to help them stay on-programme and to achieve their potential moving on to positive destinations such as higher education, apprenticeships or employment
- Delivering weekly tutorial sessions in areas such as safeguarding, resilience, health and well-being, life skills, British Values, e-Safety, careers and employability, as well as preparation for further study including higher education
- Contributing towards the reviewing, planning, preparation and delivery of agreed programmes of group tutorials
- Working with the Head of Department, Course Manager, parents / guardians, teaching team and relevant external agencies to ensure maximum student progression
- Actively promoting the College safeguarding agenda and act as a point of support for students
Our ideal candidates will have experience of experience of working in a further education or related setting and experience of providing advice, guidance and/or education to young people and/or adults, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good all-round education to include qualifications at Level 3
- Maths and English to GCSE (Grade A – C) or equivalent
- PTLLS or willingness to work towards a relevant teaching qualification
- Willingness to work towards Level 2 Safeguarding and Youth Mental Health First Aid qualification
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve. The Bedford College Group is comprised of Bedford College, Shuttleworth College, The Bedford Sixth Form, Tresham College and the National College of Motorsport.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 20 hours per week (0.48484 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.