Course Leader - Events, Enterprise and Employability (Ref: LCC3395)
1 day left
- Full Time
WHAT WE DO
The Events, Enterprise and Employability Department at Leeds City College is a vibrant area with an exceptional and successful reputation for offering a ‘learning by doing curriculum. Our outstanding department is full of energy and passionate about what we do. We are seeking an outstanding experienced practitioner to lead, plan, deliver and support our courses and staff members.
The courses we provide encompass a wide range of creative and bespoke pathways for our learners studying Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 qualifications. You would have the responsibility of leading the Level 2 Enterprise and Employability pathway. You will support and lead learner development, progression and achievement and work with the Programme manager to design a robust and ambitious curriculum. Our staff are highly skilled educationalists with strong industry links and knowledge. Both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff ensure that each of our learners is provided with an exceptional journey with outcomes that echo this. With our guidance and support, the learners grow in self-confidence and gain the skills they need to pursue further study or to start a successful career.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- We are looking for a motivated and hardworking Course Leader for our Level 2 provision who will build on the existing excellent practice within the area.
- We are looking for innovation, creativity, and high standards.
- We are interested in practitioners who have had a successful teaching role and lead by example.
- You will be looking for new challenges and opportunities and provide strong leadership to the curriculum area to ensure that teaching and learning consistently meets standards.
- Design and Develop an updated curriculum that meets the needs of all of our learners
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of learning, teaching and learning resources as well as assessment plans.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Responsible for recording student progress and developing attendance strategies
- Motivate and inspire students and staff to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Assess student work, provide constructive and timely feedback to motivate and inspire the learner to improve and record learners’ progress for identified modules
- Lead the Internal Verification process overseeing the quality assurance processes
- Line manage course staff
- Work closely with other staff to ensure that learners within the curriculum areas are successful in all aspects of their programme
- Commitment to Continuous Professional Development and engagement in weekly Mastery and Excellence time.
For more information please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.