Visual & Hearing Impairment Team Leader (Ref: LCC3459)
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
What we do
The SEND department is a specialist department that supports the needs of our students, work with parents, carers, many multi-agency teams and young people to support the specific support needs documented in EHCPs in order to help young people fulfil their educational potential.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our team in this newly created role.
We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New year. We offer a generous pension scheme with the employer contributing up to 17.3% plus other great benefits.
What you will do
- Produce Braille and other resources for all SEND/High needs students with a visual impairment
- Lead on visual impairment training to all staff throughout the College in collaboration with the visual impairment team as necessary
- Lead on hearing impairment training to all staff throughout the College in collaboration with Deafstart and the Specialist Support of the Deaf member of staff
- Support and train staff that work with students that have visual & hearing impairment needs
- Support small groups of students with visual & hearing impairment both in and out of the classroom environment and work with support and teaching staff as necessary.
- Liaise with external agencies to deliver specialist resources.
- Must have extensive and proven experience of working with students who have visual or hearing impairments and the implementation of appropriate support strategies to support their needs
- Previous experience of managing, leading, mentoring, training and supporting staff whilst developing and maintaining professional relationships.
- Must have up to date knowledge and understanding of current safeguarding legislation in relation to SEND / High Needs learners.
For more details or for an informal chat about the role, please contact:
Liz Burkey, Deputy Director
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.