Level 5, Apprentice Functional Skills Teacher (Fixed Term) (APP330)
Leeds City College have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Teacher to join our Employer Functional Skills Team.
If employability, regeneration and social mobility are topics close to your heart, working in the Employer Functional Skills team is a great way to make an impact with learners who thrive in an environment where staff promote high challenge and offer generous support.
This role is a Fixed Term Contract for 27 months.
WHAT WE DO:
The Employer Functional Skills team is expanding due to becoming the provider of choice for the NHS and Universities within the West Yorkshire Region. The department is a vibrant place to work, where you will be supported to achieve your maximum potential.
Working closely with the Teaching, Learning and Assessment department, we will ensure that you have access to the very best Advanced Practitioners and mentors and you will also be encouraged to observe your peers within the department on a regular basis, to further impact your development. We are fully engaged and involved in recruitment and marketing events, so as to develop an understanding of the wider impact of what we do. You will also have access to industry training, via City and Guilds and NCFE, and various other awarding bodies to develop your curriculum knowledge further.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Plan learning to meet programme requirements and deliver learning outcomes in a realistic context
- Ensure that learning activities are authentic in relation to workplace practice
- Encourage learners to develop autonomy and resilience, personal and interpersonal effectiveness, social awareness and respect for others and essential employability skills
- Develop and employ assessment activities for identified modules
- Design and deliver learning sessions and activities that develop the mathematics and English skills necessary for vocational achievement
- Actively engage and inspire all learners and encourage them to set challenging goals
- Use digital and mobile technologies in ways that are safe and support effective learning
- Access to up-to-date information, advice and guidance to support individualised learning
- Refer to the initial and diagnostic assessment of learners’ needs obtained at the start of and throughout the learner’s journey to enhance individualised learning
- Provide regular 360° feedback that empowers learners in their own development
- Use the outcomes of regular formative assessment to update individual learning plans
- You will be a team player
- You will be confident and enthusiastic
- You will have a passion to support and progress learners into their career choices
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Craig Lane, Deputy Head of Employer Functional Skills
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.