Course Leader - Applied Science (LCC3561)
Course Leader - Applied Science (LCC3561)
Commencing at £30,550 PA with Progression to £32,410 PA £1,000 PA
WHAT WE DO
Applied Science has a vision to pioneer STEM provision across the West Yorkshire region and as such offers a wide provision of courses, including BTEC and Access courses and the new T Level course.
We are a large team of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff to ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match.
We are looking for someone to come and join our academic team as a course leader within both the BTEC and our T Level provision, preferably with a Biology specialism.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responsible for retention, achievement, progress/value added, attendance and positive progression rates for an identified course or courses.
- Maintain high quality and effective delivery across the course team. Develop new modules, units and course.
- Responsible for developing new units, modules and courses in line with government policy, awarding organisation developments and student demand as well as local community, economic and employer requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners.
- Plan, prepare and develop schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching and learning resources and assessment plans and ensure these are in place for all the course(s) teaching activity.
- Help to ensure all team members maintain and update knowledge of the subject and / or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students and engage in scholarly activity.
- Develop and adapt curriculum delivery with the course team to maximise its effectiveness and efficiency
- Be responsible for recording student progress and meeting individual and group learner targets.
- Develop and employ effective assessment activities and ensure student work is assessed with constructive and timely feedback provided that motivates and inspires students to improve and achieve.
- Market courses and provide high quality IAG (including full participation in open days, transition activity, enrolment and induction).
- Complete a course level self-assessment report and maintain the course quality improvement plan.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching science as a subject
- Inspire, motivate and engage the next generation of health or care practitioners.
- Act with honesty and integrity to maintain high standards of ethics and professional standards.
- Manage and promote restorative practice approaches and the strengthening of relationships.
- Role model and promote a positive image of the college.
- Embody the college values: Collaborative; Inspiring; Passionate; Aspirational; Celebrate Individuality; Respectful
- Comply with all legislative and regulatory requirements
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development. Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest growing and most innovative education groups in the country.
We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions. Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our student's including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks including an enhanced DBS check. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.