Programme Tutor - Access to HE in Health
Package Generous leave allowance Excellent Pension Package
Contractual hours 28
This is a part time role 0.8 / 28 hours per week
Due to expansion, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with previous experience working within FE, to deliver high quality teaching and learning on our science and health programmes for the Access to HE Diploma
In this role, you will:
- Deliver innovative and stimulating teaching, learning and assessment to enable your students to achieve high grades.
- Facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential.
- Design and deliver a flexible and relevant range of provision including theory, practical and blended learning sessions.
- Be an outstanding teacher and role model
- Teach to a high standard and demonstrate the relevant skills to teach truly outstanding practical and theory lessons and innovative on-line resources
- Contribute to students achieving high grades
- Be the progress tutor providing pastoral support.
- Work with colleagues to create provision that excites and stimulates demand
- Be able to deliver to current industry standards, relating this to working methods and practices found in your industry today.
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in everyday practice.
- Drive Oldham Colleges vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
Deborah Allen, Head of Faculty for Caring Professions says “This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, forward thinking, professional with a strong background in health or social care to join the Faculty of Caring Professions. As a Programme Tutor you will be at the forefront of developing and delivering inspirational and ambitious lesson content and demonstrating your passion for education, and high expectations of learners”.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Oldham College is a great career choice for ambitious professionals. With a “good” Ofsted rating, one of the best apprenticeship programmes in the region, excellent 16-18 results and truly outstanding GCSE English results, we are already a high performer.
But we want to deliver much more than this. Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work” and we have a clear Strategic Plan which sets out what this means and what we will do to deliver it. We will keep on improving and innovating, and we are investing in new provision, new facilities, and new technology; including our state-of-the-art clinical simulation suite.
We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
The role will require you to embed and work to the college’s values; working with Integrity, having Ambition to help our learners succeed and being Inclusive to learners and colleagues alike.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.