6 days left
- Part Time
Maths at the Mary Ward Centre
Our maths section is an important part of Essential Skills & Languages and we need tutors to join our existing team. Some of the maths courses will begin in September, they will be on various days at different times and will be taught in a range of centres across Southwark and East London. Tutors on these courses will be expected to work peripatetically. Others will be at our Blackfriars centre in Southwark.
The tutor will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for planning the course in conjunction with the other tutors, including a mixture of theory, skills work and experiential learning, within the framework of Centre policy and practice
- Teach the course.
- Act in a reliable and professional manner at all times.
- Devise methods of working which suit all students.
- Evaluate the students’ skills, theoretical work, participation in group, and prepare students for exams.
- Assess student progress throughout the course and give feedback to students, including marking written work.
- Evaluate his/her work in order to provide a basis for future development.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required (for example, record-keeping and end-of-course evaluation).
- Attend occasional staff and team meetings and demonstrate a commitment to in-service training.
- Offer advice and support to students wishing to progress to future training or work.
- Conform to all requirements and regulations of the validating body.
The Mary Ward Centre offers high quality adult education and community services, covering the areas of Digital Media, Computing & IT, Business and Management, English and Maths, Languages, Humanities and Social Sciences, Health and Social Care, Writing and Publishing, Visual Arts, Music and Singing.
The Centre’s main premises at 42 Queen Square, Holborn consist of two interconnecting Grade II listed Georgian houses overlooking the Square. The Centre also holds classes in a second, modern building at Blackfriars Settlement, 1 Rushworth Street, SE1 0RB which is a short walk from Southwark Station. The atmosphere at both buildings is relaxed and friendly but purposeful. Students come from all walks of life, both local and London wide (and beyond). Their education, work and life experience varies enormously.
How to Apply
Please read the full job description and person specification on the website by clicking 'Apply'.
All applications must be made on our application form, found on our website, and should be emailed to Alleena.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2nd October 2022