6 days left
- Part Time
The Centre requires an ESOL Tutor. Our ESOL classes are an important and growing part of the Humanities curriculum offer. Details of the courses we offer can be found in the prospectus.
The tutor will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for planning the course, within the framework of Centre policy and practice
- Teach the course.
- Act in a reliable and professional manner at all times.
- Devise methods of working which suit all students.
- Assess student progress throughout the course and give feedback to students.
- Evaluate his/her work in order to provide a basis for future development.
- Carry out administrative tasks as required (for example, record-keeping and end-of-course evaluation).
- Attend occasional staff and team meetings and demonstrate a commitment to in-service training.
- Offer advice and support to students wishing to progress to further courses.
The Centre’s main premises at 42 Queen Square, Holborn consist of two interconnecting Grade II listed Georgian houses overlooking the Square. The Centre also holds classes in a second, modern building at Blackfriars Settlement, 1 Rushworth Street, SE1 0RB which is a short walk from Southwark Station. The atmosphere at both buildings is relaxed and friendly but purposeful. Students come from all walks of life, both local and London wide (and beyond). Their education, work and life experience vary enormously. Some students do not have English as their first language.
How to Apply
Please read the full job description and person specification on the website by clicking 'Apply'.
All applications must be made on our application form, found on our website, and should be emailed to Alleena.email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Sunday 2nd October 2022